Master of Public Health (MPH)
Indian Institute of Public Health (IIPH), Shillong
Shillong, Meghalaya, India
Martin Luther University Halle Wittenberg (MLU), Indian Institute of Public Health
- To strengthen knowledge, skills, and attitudes pertinent to public health
- To develop leadership and management skills in public health
- To enhance analytical and assessment skills in collecting and interpreting information
- To inculcate policy planning and development skills to address public health challenges
- To develop communication skills for advocacy, dissemination and evaluation of public health data and information.
In keeping with PHFI's mission to develop a public health workforce for India, this course aims to develop and strengthen the public health workforce and to develop capacity in health care leadership and management in northeast India.
- Applicants with graduate qualifications in: Medicine, AYUSH, Dentistry, Nursing, Pharmacy, Veterinary Sciences, Physiotherapy, Occupational therapy, Allied and Health Sciences.
- Applicants with graduate qualifications in: Life Sciences, Biotechnology, Statistics, Biostatistics, Management, Engineering, Demography / Population Studies, Nutrition, Sociology, Psychology, Anthropology, Social Work, Economics, Law or any equivalent qualifications.
- All applicants should have basic computing skills and proficiency in English language.
An application form is to be submitted along with a 300–350-word personal statement on 'Why I wish to do an MPH' and a 500–750-word essay on a 'Public Health Issue of Relevance to India'. The personal statement and the essay is to be typed in single space with Times New Roman font size 12. Application form and other supporting documents may be submitted online at the Martin Luther Christian University (MLCU) website.