Master of Public Health (MPH)
Public Health Foundation of India (PHFI), Delhi
Gurugram, Haryana, India
Indian Institute of Public Health
- Prepare students in program organization and management, problem solving, and critical thinking in the public health domain.
- Prepare students to undertake public health research in institutional and field setting.
- Prepare students to work in socially, culturally and economically diverse populations by being attentive to needs of vulnerable and disadvantaged groups and well versed with existing health system.
- Promote qualities of leadership and effective use of communication skills for health advocacy among students.
- Prepare students for teaching/training posts in public health institutions.
The MPH program is an intensive two-year full me program focusing on enhancing skills and abilities of students in research, management, problem solving, and critical thinking in the area of public health. The first three semesters include classroom-based, face to face teaching, tutorials and practical (computer lab and public health activities in community). The final semester includes 6 months of internship cum project work (with dissertation). The student needs to successfully complete the coursework and the project work to be awarded the MPH degree.
- Applicants with graduate qualifications in: Medicine, AYUSH, Dentistry, Nursing, Pharmacy, Veterinary Sciences, Physiotherapy, Occupational therapy, Allied and Health Sciences.
- Applicants with graduate qualifications in: Life Sciences, Biotechnology, Statistics, Biostatistics, Management, Engineering, Demography / Population Studies, Nutrition, Sociology, Psychology, Anthropology, Social Work, Economics, Law or any equivalent qualifications.
- All applicants should have basic computing skills and proficiency in English language.
All candidates should submit the application form for the Master of Public Health program in the prescribed format, which can be downloaded from PHFI website or apply online. The application consists of registration form, proof of academic credentials, work experience, contact details of two referees (academic and/ or professional) and a Statement of Purpose (SOP). The applicants will be short-listed based on their academic qualifications, relevant experience and Statement of Purpose. This will be followed by an interview. The selection of candidates will be conducted by a specially constituted screening committee represented by PHFI and AcSIR.