Master of Applied Epidemiology (MAE)
National Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), New Delhi
New Delhi, Delhi, India
Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna Uttarakhand Medical Education University
The India Epidemic Intelligence Service (EIS) Programme is a 2-year applied epidemiology training run by the NCDC, Delhi. The programme is modelled after the EIS program at the US Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and is implemented in technical collaboration with US CDC. Participants are trained to develop public health skills while working with various public health agencies/programmes in the country. The state and central public health agencies forward the applications of their employees and if selected, they are deputed to NCDC for 2 years. Individual candidates with public health experience can also apply. Selection is through a highly competitive process by a committee of experts. The cost of training is borne by NCDC.
Participants in the India EIS training programme now have the opportunity to earn a Master in Applied Epidemiology (MAE) degree from the H.N.B. Medical Education University, Uttarakhand. The Master programme is integrated with the India EIS training. The participants will have to clear examinations conducted by the University from time to time and fulfill other requirements laid down by the University to earn the degree.
At Your Own
- MD (Public Health/ Preventive and Social Medicine/ Community Medicine)
- MD (Clinical or Para-clinical with 2 years of experience (service)
- MBBS with Post graduate diploma in clinical, para-clinical, public health with 3 years of public health experience from any recognized institution
- MBBS from any recognized institute with 5 years minimum work experience in public health
- Age: Not exceeding 45 years as of the last date of application
- Government Sponsored Candidates should be regular employee working in central or state government / autonomous bodies/ medical colleges/ PSUs and nominated by the state/ organization.
- Self-sponsored candidates do not require nomination. They can apply directly, if fulfilling the eligibility criteria.
MBBSDCP (Diploma in Clinical Pathology)MD Community MedicineMPH (Master of Public Health)
- Please send your hard copy application form along with documents on the address: “EIS Cell, Room No. 307, 3rd Floor, Epidemiology Division, National Centre for Disease Control, 22 Shamnath Marg, Delhi 110054.”
- Applicants should also send electronic copy of the application form and documents, on official email address, mentioned in contact details.