Certificate Course of Gestational Diabetes Mellitus (CCGDM)
Chellaram Diabetes Institute (CDI), Pune
Pune, Maharashtra, India
- Gestational Diabetes Mellitus (GDM) is a form of diabetes that is first diagnosed in the second or third trimester of pregnancy, and which is not clearly either pre-existing type 1 or type 2 diabetes.
- Worldwide, the prevalence of GDM varies from 1% to 30%, with the South East Asian region reporting a high prevalence of 15%.
- GDM results in an increased risk of maternal as well as fetal complications, which are generally short-term, but which may also be long-term.
It is, therefore, imperative that active efforts be taken to address the problem of GDM, especially in developing countries.
- Besides, with the increasing incidence of diabetes in the general population, more number of women who are planning pregnancy would be having pre-existing diabetes. Thus, it becomes important to adequately manage pre-gestational diabetes.
Considering the importance of the topic, experts at the Chellaram Diabetes Institute have developed a unique online CME Certificate Course in the Management of Gestational Diabetes Mellitus (CCCMGDM), which aims to build the capacity of doctors, particularly gynecologists and primary care physicians, in the prevention and management of GDM. The online platform allows for the doctor to learn at his/her own pace, and via, desktop, laptop, tablet or mobile. There are four main modules and a “bonus module”, i.e. five modules in this course. The modules include lecture videos, case studies and activities, which can be completed in about four hours, and in multiple sessions.
- Module-based syllabus incorporating the latest scientific guidelines
- Video lectures by expert faculty for easy understanding
- Instructive case studies interspersed across the course
- Interesting activities to reinforce the knowledge
- Pre-test and post-test for each module (except module 5) to assess learning progress
- Online format allows for learning at one’s own pace
- Learning across multiple formats like desktop, laptop, tablet and mobile
- Exit exam at the end of the course, and certificate on course completion
- The course has been endorsed by the Leicester Diabetes Centre, UK
At Your Own
- Applicant should have completed medical graduation with MBBS or MD or equivalent qualification from a NMC/ MCI recognized institute.
- Interested candidates should apply with curriculum vitae and academic documents.