Bachelor of Optometry
Maharishi Markandeshwar University (MMU), Ambala
Ambala, Haryana, India
Maharishi Markandeshwar University
- Optometry is the science of dealing with issues and problems related to the eye. A course in Optometry covers every aspect related to understanding the eye, problems, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of illnesses and diseases, etc. MM(DU) follows the Ministry of Health guidelines and offers lateral entry in Degree courses to diploma holders in Optometry in the 3rd semester to balance the gaps in diploma programs. The program covers both clinical and theoretical aspects. Students would get in-depth understanding and training to treat Cornea, Glaucoma, Low vision, and Retina.
- The course tuition fees is 55000 and development fee is 5000.
- Provided that the candidate who have passed 3 years diploma (Optometry) after Matric or two year diploma after 10+2 shall be eligible for admission to the B.Sc. (Optometry) in 2nd year through lateral entry.
- Fees of B.OPTOM (LATERAL ENTRY) tuition fees is 58850 and development fee is 5000.
This university also provide B.OPTOM (Lateral Entry)
Dr. B.K. Aggarwal
The candidate who shall attain the age of 17 years or more on December 31, of the year of admission and has passed 10+2 or equivalent examination from the Board of School Education, Haryana or any recognized Board/University with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English securing at least 50% marks in aggregate and must have passed in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, English & fifth subject individually.
- The admission process the MMDU is very simple. Aspirants can get the admission form online or at the college campus if they choose to. Either way the payment they will have to make would be Rs. 1000. They can obtain an admission form from the Administrative Office or get a printout of it from the official site. Students can also get the admission form delivered to their homes by post. In that case, they will have to send out a DD of Rs. 1050.00 in favor of the Registrar of the University.
- In case you wish to download the admission form from the website you will again have to enclose with it a Demand Draft of Rs. 1000.00 when you send it back after having duly filled it in.
- The MMDU has also made it very easy for the students to fill in the Online Application Form. Once they visit the official website, they will be guided step by step and will eventually receive a link accompanied by a User ID and password on their registered email ID. They will then click on that link and follow the procedure step by step.
- All the required documents must be attached with the filled-in Admission Form for admission to any course. Next in line is a counseling session which will be conducted by our trainers and that will mark the completion of their admission process.