Associate Fellow of Industrial Health (AFIH)
School of Public Health, SRM University, Chengalpattu
Chengalpattu, Tamil Nadu, India
Directorate General Factory Advise Service and Labour Institutes (DGFASLI)
- The course is a 3 months full time Post Graduate Certificate course in Industrial Health, approved by Directorate General Factory Advice Service & Labour Institutes (DGFASLI), Ministry of Labour & Employment, Government of India.
- On completion of course an examination will be conducted by DGFASLI and successful candidates will be awarded Associate Fellow of Industrial Health (AFIH) which will fulfill the requirements in terms of additional qualification for Factory Medical Officers of Hazardous Process Industries as required under the Factories (Amendment) Act 1987.
- The laboratories are equipped with the modern instruments.
- Course Seats: Total 100 seats only including SC/ ST/ OBC/ PH/ EWS Reservation as per Government of India rules applicable.
At Your Own
- MBBS Degree from an Institution recognized by the Medical Council of India.
- Completion of Internship
- Permanent Registration with the Medical Council of India/ State Medical Council
- As on the last date for submission of the application form, after completion of compulsory internship the applicant should have a minimum of one year experience in the Factory, Dock Works and Construction Work.
- or Two years working experience in hospitals including self-practice.
- The period spent on higher studies (full-time only) after completion of MBBS Degree and internship with registration to Medical Council of India/ State Medical Council shall be considered as equivalent to self-practice for fulfilling eligibility criteria for admission to AFIH Course, subjected to production of valid certificates.
- TWO set of application envelop to be prepared: One set to be sent to postal address of Institute and Other set to be sent AFIH Academic Council, as mentioned below.
- TWO Email to be sent in single PDF format: the application documents to be sent to Institute's Course Director email ID (click on "View Contact Details") as well as AFIH Academic Council to email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application Form has attached here under "Download Brochure" button.
- Application complete in all respects along with self attested photo copies of certificates in duplicate shall be prepared and one set of the application to be sent by post "Course Coordinator, Associate Fellow of Industrial Health, School of Public Health, SRM University, SRM Nagar, Kattankulathur, Kancheepuram, Dist. Chennai, Tamilnadu 603203" and PDF to email mentioned here on, click on "View Contact Details".
- The other set of the application to be sent via Email and Post to The Member Secretary, AFIH Academic Council, Room No. 302, 2nd Floor, CLI Main Building, N.S.Mankiker Marg, Sion, Mumbai 400022 and email to email@example.com.
- The envelope containing the application should be superscribed “APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION INTO AFIH <Academic Year>: Institute Code- 10”.
- MBBS degree (Convocation Certificate)
- Internship Certificate
- MCI/State Medical Council Registration Certificate
- SC/ST/OBC/PH/EWS Certificate issued by the competent authority, if applicable
- Experience Certificate
- Sponsorship Certificate/ No Objection Certificate in original, if employed
- If there is a change in the name of applicant, copy of Gazette of India and Medical Council Registration with the changed name should be provided. (Incomplete applications will be summarily rejected).
- A merit list will be prepared on the basis of candidate's academic qualification, experience and type of industry employed.
- The candidates will be selected in the Order of Preference viz., Medical Officers working in the Hazardous Industries/ Government, Public Sector Undertakings, Manufacturing Industries (Non-Hazardous) etc.
- List of shortlisted candidates for admission will be displayed on DGFASLI website www.dgfasli.gov.in
- The candidates sponsored by the Industries, Government, Public Sector Undertakings should enclose the relevant documents mentioned in the annexures and candidate is responsible for collection of fees from their employer. This centre will not do any correspondence regarding fees with their employers.
HOW TO APPLY:
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION:
LIST OF ENCLOSURES TO BE ATTACHED: (Self-attested photo copy)
The selected candidate shall have to pay Rs. 7500/- as Institute fee and Rs. 2500/- as Caution Money Deposit (refundable) while joining the AFIH Course