TRICO Fellowship in Coronary & Peripheral Intervention through the Transradial Approach
Apex Heart Institute, Ahmedabad
Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
- The goal of the TRICO Fellowship is to give participants the understanding and skills they need to become independent, high-volume transradial interventionalists.
- Course Duration and Venue: The TRICO Fellowship course involves observation, participation in outpatient and inpatient care, noninvasive assessment, and hands-on training at Apex Heart Institute, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India over a period of one year. The training will be similar to super-specialty resident training. Details of the course are outlined at the end of this document.
Certificate: Participants who successfully complete the course will be awarded a certificate of training signed by the Course directors.
- Continuous Mentoring: Dr. Tejas Patel, Dr. Sanjay Shah and his expert team will be available to mentor participants after they complete their Fellowships. This may be in the form of refreshment courses or workshops at their Cath Labs.
- Patient selection protocols
- Radial puncture techniques: After completing 25 successful radial punctures, Fellows will be allowed to help perform transradial coronary and peripheral procedures
- Capable Fellows will be involved in at least 400 transradial diagnostic angiographies (which will include at least 150 independent procedures)
- Capable Fellows will be involved in at least 100 transradial interventions
- Outpatient and inpatient care supervision
- Echocardiography and stress test supervision
- Night-on-Call (as per the instruction of the course directors)
Course Details for Capable Fellows:
Note: Course directors will make assessments on a regular basis. If they are satisfied with the Fellows performance, the above schedule will be followed. If they are not satisfied with the Fellows performance and if deficiencies cannot be corrected, the course directors have the right to adjust the course and/or discontinue the candidate from the program.
A stipend will be paid to the fellows during the course.
At Your Own
Dr. Tejas Patel Dr. Sanjay Shah
Interventional cardiologists eager to learn the transradial approach. This Fellowship is most suitable for those who have recently completed their cardiology training (DM or DNB cardiology).
DM (Doctorate in Medicine)DNB Cardiology