This college was initially established in 1963 with 60 students in the first batch. It has reached its present intake of 100 undergraduate (MBBS) and 50 post-graduate (MD/MS/Diploma). Admissions are through Pre-Medical and Pre. P.G. Examinations respectively. The College is affiliated to A.P.Singh University, Rewa and approved by the Medical Council of India, New Delhi. It is one of the premier institutions of Madhya Pradesh. The College provides all the basic facilities for Medical courses to its students. We have an 1100 bedded, 5 storied fully equipped Sanjay Gandhi Hospital affiliated to the college which is providing 24x7 services.