Post Doctoral Fellowship in Liver Transplantation
Duration: 2 Year(s)
Dr Rela Institute and Medical Centre (RIMC), Chennai
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Liver Transplant Surgery
Medical Council of India (MCI)
- To provide trainees with actual knowledge and technical proficiency in the preoperative evaluation, operative management, and postoperative care of patients with disease of the liver and Liver Transplantation.
- To provide trainees with technical proficiency in liver transplantation- Deceased & Live Donor
- Demonstrate clinical, intra operative and peri operative decision making that is based upon sound medical knowledge that minimises complications and demonstrates an awareness of the limitations of clinical experience and technical skills.
- To provide trainees with understanding and experience in immunosuppression management.
- To provide trainees the ability to evaluate donor organs and perform multi-organ procurements.
- To provide experience in the management of patients in an intensive care setting.
- Manage and lead clinical teams in an efficient and harmonious manner to optimise patient management.
- To provide an environment in which clinical and basic science literature can be evaluated and assessed critically, leading to sound conclusions.
- To provide the ability and desire to ask important questions and initiate investigative studies
- To foster attitudes and interpersonal skills that will allow a trainee to communicate well with peers and patients, and to carry him or herself with dignity.
The Duration of the course is two Years(One year when combined with HPB Surgery fellowship)
The purpose of Fellowship programme in Liver Transplantation is to provide a structured educational and training experience necessary to achieve expertise in the understanding, diagnosis, and management (including the necessary surgical skills) in the treatment of diseases of the liver and Liver Transplantation.
This course is designed:
At Your Own
Applicant should have done M.Ch/D.N.B (Surg.Gastro)/Equivalent International qualification.