Masters in Emergency Medicine (MEM)
Sakra World Hospital, Marathahalli, Bangalore
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Society of Emergency Medicine India (SEMI)
- Sound knowledge and skills of the emergency aspects of medical and surgical speciality, and its application within the golden hour.
- Competent in life saving emergency interventions and appropriately use various diagnostic tests, and interpret their results intelligently & promptly.
- Be familiar with the fundamentals of research methodology.
- Possess humanistic qualities, attitudes and behaviour necessary for the development of appropriate patient-doctor relationship.
- To assist and if necessary train juniors.
- To keep up-to-date and be familiar with all recent advances in the field of Emergency medicine.
The goal of the training program is to produce Emergency Physicians with the necessary knowledge, skill and attitude to diagnose and manage a wide range of clinical problems in Emergency Medicine as seen in the community or in secondary/tertiary care setting in an effective manner. The qualities to be absolutely necessary:
- Those fulfilling the eligibility criterion, the candidate will be called for a personal interview following which the admission list will be drawn.
- The personal interview will be conducted by the head of the department and the selected list of candidates will be recommended to SEMI with complete set of details as requested in the application form on or before 20 days prior to the commencement of the course for that year.
- The final decision of acceptance and enrollment for the course rests with SEMI and incomplete applications will be rejected.
- All the candidates successfully enrolled will receive an acceptance letter from SEMI and recommended to register for SEMI membership.
Dr. Bevin D’Silva
- He/she must have a qualified MBBS Degree
- Obtained permanent registration certificate from any one of the State Medical Councils or Medical Council of India
- Foreign Medical Graduated should have cleared their FMG screening exam before enrolling into the course and have to submit their FMG screening exam result copy to the society as mentioned in the application.
Candidate for admission to fellowship programme shall be required to possess the following qualifications:
Documents to be produced along with the application
- Attested copy of MBBS mark list.
- Attested copy of MCI Registration
- Attested copy of Certificate to prove Date of Birth
- Conduct/Character certificate from the Head of the Institution where the candidate last studied.
- Transfer Certificate
- Recent passport size photographs.