Master of Physiotherapy (MPT) in Sports Sciences
South Gujarat Medical Education and Research Center (SGMERC), Surat
Surat, Gujarat, India
Veer Narmad South Gujarat University
- The MPT is a two year Full time program consisting of classroom teaching, self academic activities and clinical posting.
- In the first year theoretical basis of physiotherapy is refreshed along with research methodology and bio statistics.
- The students are rotated in all areas of clinical expertise during this period. They also pursue their dissertation work in their specialized branches in the second year.
- During the second year the students will be posted in their area of specialty.
- They are required to complete and submit their dissertation.
- The learning program includes seminars, journal reviews, case presentations, case discussions and classroom teaching.
Every candidate for admission to the course for the degree of Master of Physiotherapy (specialty) should have passed the Bachelor degree in Physiotherapy full time program of the University or a degree of other University recognized as equivalent thereto with not less than 50% of marks in aggregate.
BPT (Bachelor of Physiotherapy)
- There will be one paper of 2 hours duration containing 100 multiple-choice questions (MCQs) consisting of BPT subjects including,
- 25 marks for Basic Sciences (Anatomy, Physiology, Biomechanics and Kinesiology),
- 25 marks for Basic Physiotherapy (Exercise Therapy and Electrotherapy),
- 50 marks for Physiotherapy in Conditions (Ortho, Neuro, Cardio-Respiratory and Rehabilitation).
- The questions will be single response objective type. Each answer with correct response shall be awarded one mark. ¼ marks will be deducted for each wrong response. Zero mark will be given for the question not answered. More than one answer indicated against a question will be deemed as incorrect response and will be negatively marked.
- The examination shall be conducted in English only.
- There is no provision for rechecking / re-evaluation of the answer sheets and no query in this regard will be entertained.
- B.P.T. or B.Sc. (PT) provisional / degree certificate issued by the respective university.
- Marks Sheets of all the years of university examinations passed.
- Completion of internship certificate.
- Migration Certificate from the parent University.
A candidate has to appear in Competitive examination for admission to Post graduate Physiotherapy courses held by Veer Narmad South Gujarat University and admission to P.G. Course will be given as per merit of entrance test. Total 12 seats available for MPT in Musculoskeletal Science, where in One seat may be reserved for faculty members having BPT degree to upgrade their qualification, while remaining employed. After completion of admission procedure if any seat remains vacant in any specialty in the concerned Physiotherapy College then the same may be offered to the faculty member of Physiotherapy College those who have applied for the same. The Candidate will select the Specialty as per the choice / merit at the time of admission at the M.P.T. Part- I.
Note: A candidate who is graduate of a University other than Veer Narmad South Gujarat University should have to submit provisional eligibility certificate (P.E.C.) from this Veer Narmad South Gujarat University within one month from the date of his / her admission, failing which the admission of candidate shall be cancelled and will not be eligible to apply in future.