Master of Pharmacy (M.Pharm) in Pharmacognosy
Mahatma Gandhi Vidyamandir's College of Pharmacy, Nashik
Nashik, Maharashtra, India
Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU)
- Pharmacognosy is the study of bioactive substances from plant origin. Study in Pharmacognosy is important because it leads to new type of therapeutic agents, information on toxic materials found in plants. The main fields of studies in Pharmacognosy are: Phytochemistry, standardization, chemotaxonomic studies, regulation of biosynthesis of natural products in plant cells, taxonomy, marine drugs, accumulation of bioactive components in medicinal plants.
- The PG department focuses on extraction, fractionation, isolation and characterization of active constituents from natural sources, Standardization of herbal drugs and formulations by recent advanced techniques and Formulation of novel herbal formulation- Herbosomes and its evaluation. The department has also received grants and has Ph.D students enrolled.
Dr. Rajendra Sudhakar Bhambar
- The candidate should be an Indian National;
- Passed Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy from any AICTE or PCI or Central or State government approved institutions with at least 55 % of marks (at least 50% marks in case of candidate of backward class categories and persons with disability belonging only to Maharashtra state) in the above subjects taken together.
- Obtained score in GPAT conducted by AICTE.
- For sponsored candidates minimum of 2 years of full time work experience in the relevant field in which admission is being sought.
Maharashtra State Candidature Candidates and All India Candidature Candidates:
BPharm (Bachelor Of Pharmacy)
Obtained score in GPAT conducted by AICTE.