Master of Pharmacy (M.Pharm) in Pharmaceutical Chemistry
Duration: 2 Year(s)
Total Seats: 10
Mahatma Gandhi Vidyamandir's College of Pharmacy, Nashik
Nashik, Maharashtra, India
Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU)
- The discipline of medicinal chemistry aims at the development of newer drugs for treatment of diseases. A major part of this activity is directed to both natural and synthetic compounds.The department derives its strength from interaction between several areas such as Quality Assurance, Biochemistry and Pharmacology. New concepts of investigating structures responsible for specific drug interaction are being investigated.
- The PG department carries out research on synthesis of novel compounds with proposed biological activity. Microwave Assisted synthesis, Stress degradation studies and analytical method development using sophisticated instrumentation techniques are also carried out. The Centralised instrument room is equipped with sophisticated instruments worth more than 2 crores. The teaching faculty is actively involved in consultancy and extension work. The department has received grants more than 35 lacs and has Ph.D students enrolled.
- The QA department undertakes research pertaining to formulation of various dosage forms with their evaluations; comparative evaluations of developed formulations with marketed formulations; analytical method development for single drug, combination and in bulk drug; validation and forced degradation study etc.
Dr. Rajendra Sudhakar Bhambar
- The candidate should be an Indian National;
- Passed Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy from any AICTE or PCI or Central or State government approved institutions with at least 55 % of marks (at least 50% marks in case of candidate of backward class categories and persons with disability belonging only to Maharashtra state) in the above subjects taken together.
- Obtained score in GPAT conducted by AICTE.
- For sponsored candidates minimum of 2 years of full time work experience in the relevant field in which admission is being sought.
Maharashtra State Candidature Candidates and All India Candidature Candidates:
B.Pharm (Bachelor Of Pharmacy)
Obtained score in GPAT conducted by AICTE.