Master in Physiotherapy (MPT) in Orthopedics
Mahatma Gandhi University of Medical Sciences and Technology (MGUMST), Jaipur
Jaipur, Rajasthan, India
Mahatma Gandhi University of Medical Science and Technology, Jaipur
The physiotherapy department sees a large variety of musculoskeletal (orthopedic) conditions in IPD as well as OPD. The rehabilitation process incorporates assessment, goal setting, treatment, education as well as preventive aspect. Some of the common musculoskeletal conditions seen are:
• Neck & back pain, including post-operative cases
• Degenerative conditions
• Complex hand & foot injuries / crush injuries
• Shoulder - cuff tears, bankarts repair, adhesive capsulitis, painful shoulder.
• Joint replacement & ligament injuries
• Trauma and acute post-operative care.
Dr Madhusudan Tiwari
- Candidates who have passed B.Sc. (PT) or BPT degree from institutions where the mode of study is a full time programme, with minimum 3½ years/4½ years duration from this university or any other university in India or abroad as equivalent with not less than 50% of marks in aggregate and have completed 6 months of compulsory rotatory internship in Physiotherapy.
- Candidates who have passed BPT through Bridge Course or through Lateral Entry after completing their Diploma in Physiotherapy from this University or any other University Institutions in India or abroad, where the mode of study is a full time programme or an equivalent examination with not less than 50% of marks in aggregate and have completed 6 months of compulsory rotatory internship in Physiotherapy.
- Candidates who have passed BPT through correspondence or Distance Education programme are not eligible.
BPT (Bachelor of Physiotherapy)
- Admissions to the program shall be made through Written Entrance Examination.
- Marks obtained at the Entrance Examination shall be the basis of admission.
- Successful candidates shall be called merit wise for counseling by an Admission Board of the University who, after verifying eligibility shall grant provisional admission.
- The Online Application shall be submitted on MGUMST admission portal within prescribed time period.
- Marks sheet/Certificate of the Secondary Examination (10th Class) showing date of birth.
- Marks sheet of 10+2 (Senior Secondary) or its equivalent Examination.
- Marks sheet of qualifying examination, as applicable (as mentioned in the "eligibility" column of this notification)
- Valid Certificate for Reservation Category (EWS/SC/ST/OBC-NCL/MBC-NCL etc.), if applicable.
- Domicile Certificate
- Disability Certificate, if applicable.
- No objection certificate/permission from the present employer for the applied regular full-time program (for in service candidate only).
- Aadhar Card.
- Passport Size photograph (100 KB in JPG/PNG)
- Candidate's Signature in blue colour (50 KB in JPG/PNG).
Documents required at the time of admission