Master in Occupational Therapy (MOT) in Orthopedics
Mahatma Gandhi University of Medical Sciences and Technology (MGUMST), Jaipur
Jaipur, Rajasthan, India
Mahatma Gandhi University of Medical Science and Technology, Jaipur
Occupational therapy plays a pivotal role in the recovery and rehabilitation of patients with musculoskeletal injuries or conditions where proper movement is affected. The orthopedics occupational therapist will assist the patient allowing for them to adjust to their physical condition. Therapist role is to get the patient to participate in daily tasks such as dressing, undressing, employment or educational and training as well as social and recreational activities. The occupational therapy department in Mahatma Gandhi Occupational Therapy College deals with verity of orthopedics problems like work related disorders (cumulative trauma disorders), fracture complications of upper limb, fracture complication of lower limb nerve injuries and different types of tendon transfers surgeries for correction of deformities.
Dr. Surendra Kumar Meena
- Candidates who have passed B.Sc. (OT) or BOT degree from recognized institutions where the mode of study is a full time program, with minimum 3½ years / 4 ½ years duration from this university or any other university in India or abroad as equivalent with not less than 50% of marks in aggregate and have completed 6 months of compulsory rotatory internship in Occupational therapy.
- Candidates who have passed BOT through Bridge Course or through Lateral Entry after completing their Diploma in Occupational Therapy from recognized institutions where the mode of study is a full time program from this university or any other university in India or abroad as equivalent with not less than 50% of marks in aggregate and have completed 6 months of compulsory rotatory internship in Occupational therapy.
BOT (Bachelors of Occupational Therapy)
- Admissions to the program shall be made through Written Entrance Examination.
- Marks obtained at the Entrance Examination shall be the basis of admission.
- Successful candidates shall be called merit wise for counseling by an Admission Board of the University who, after verifying eligibility shall grant provisional admission.
- The Online Application shall be submitted on MGUMST admission portal within prescribed time period.
- Marks sheet/Certificate of the Secondary Examination (10th Class) showing date of birth.
- Marks sheet of 10+2 (Senior Secondary) or its equivalent Examination.
- Marks sheet of qualifying examination, as applicable (as mentioned in the "eligibility" column of this notification)
- Valid Certificate for Reservation Category (EWS/SC/ST/OBC-NCL/MBC-NCL etc.), if applicable.
- Domicile Certificate
- Disability Certificate, if applicable.
- No objection certificate/permission from the present employer for the applied regular full-time program (for in service candidate only).
- Aadhar Card.
- Passport Size photograph (100 KB in JPG/PNG)
- Candidate's Signature in blue colour (50 KB in JPG/PNG).
Documents required at the time of admission