Integrated MSc & PhD in Clinical Research
Public Health Foundation of India (PHFI), Delhi
Gurugram, Haryana, India
Course TypeIntegrated (Dual Degree)
Indian Institute of Public Health
- Duration is Two Years for MSc and minimum three years for PhD.
- The MSc program in Clinical Research is an intensive 2 year, full me program focusing on the scientific, ethical, and operational issues related to clinical research. Four semesters will be completed in 24 months. First three semesters include class room based, face to face teaching, tutorials and practical. The final semester includes 6 months of internship and project work (dissertation). The student needs to complete 11 compulsory core courses (modules), 4 elective courses (modules) in 18 months and submit the project report along with the internship completion certificate to be awarded the MSc degree.
- The students who complete the Master's program with a GPA of 8 and above will be eligible for the PhD program. A formal application needs to be submitted which will be screened & enrolment will be finalized by the PhD screening committee. This full me and project based PhD program is for a minimum of 3 years. The research topic for PhD will be developed under the guidance of mentors from PHFI and AcSIR. The students are free to choose any topic of their interest ranging from basic sciences to community based studies. The student can be allocated to any of the CSIR Labs participating in the collaborative program on mutual consent.
- Applicants with graduate qualifications in: medical and allied fields like dentistry, AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy), pharmacy, physiotherapy, nursing, and veterinary science.
- Applicants with graduate qualifications in: biological and life sciences (microbiology, biochemistry, biotechnology, botany, zoology), basic sciences (chemistry), occupational therapy and biostatistics.
- All applicants should have basic computing skills and proficiency in English.
All candidates should submit the application form for the Integrated MSc & PhD program in the prescribed format, which can be downloaded from PHFI website or apply online. The application consists of registration form, proof of academic credentials, work experience, contact details of 2 referees (academic and/ or professional) and a statement of purpose. The applicants will be short-listed based on their academic qualifications, relevant experience and statement of purpose. This will be followed by an interview. The selection of candidates will be executed by a specially constituted screening committee represented by PHFI and AcSIR. The final selection of the candidate for MSc is based on qualifications, relevant experience, statement of purpose and interview.