Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research Kolkata was established in 1707. The Institute initially started functioning inside the premises of Old Fort at Gerstein Place. IPGMER Kolkata was earlier known as Presidency hospital, which was built for the Europeans. The hospital was later shifted to Lower Circular Road. The name was later changed to the Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research on 16th January, 1957, which was inaugurated by Pandit Jawahar Lal Nehru, then Prime Minister of India. The institute offers undergraduate, postgraduate, diploma and doctoral programmes related to various disciplines. The institute is managed under Department of Medical Education by Government of West Bengal.
- Hostel Facility
- Medical Facilities