Fellowship in Interventional Pulmonology
NITTE University, Mangalore
Mangalore, Karnataka, India
NITTE Deemed University - Mangaluru
- The maximum duration to complete the fellowship program is 2 years.
- Attendance: A candidate pursuing fellowship program in Interventional Pulmonology shall work as a full-time Resident in the concerned Department of the College for the entire period including Sundays. No candidate is permitted to run a clinic/laboratory/ work in any laboratory / institution / hospital / nursing home etc, during the period of study. No candidate should join any other program of study or appear for any other degree examination conducted by this University or any other University in India or abroad during the period of registration. The candidate is required to have a minimum of 85% of the attendance. Any candidate who fails to complete the course in the manner stated above shall not be permitted to appear for the University examinations.
- Teaching-Learning Activities: Learning in fellowship program shall be essentially autonomous, self-directed and the entire fellowship period shall be in service training program based on the concept of ‘learn as you work’ principle. The following organised learning experiences should be provided to the candidate.
- Case presentation & case management in procedures room, respiratory ICU, OPD & Indoor wards: The fellow will present cases regularly in clinical rounds to the faculty members of the department.
- Seminar and journal club: Fellow should present 10 seminars and 10 journal clubs during the entire fellowship program.
- Grand rounds: Medical audit / fatality case discussions- This will be done once a month by the fellow, who is expected to analyse and discuss the cases allotted to him.
- Clinicopathologic case conference (CPC): once a month.
- Preparation and presentation of a research project: Every fellow will be required to carry out research project and submit to the university as per format and notified date.
- Teaching activities: The fellow is required to undertake teaching activities such as taking bedside clinics, theory classes for MBBS, MD (Pulmonary Medicine), BSc and MSc Respiratory Therapy students, as assigned by the course co-ordinator.
- Log Book: The fellow must maintain a log book of all the activities carried out throughout the fellowship period and present the scrutinized and certified log book during the university clinical examination.
- Candidates who have passed MD/DNB (Respiratory Medicine/Pulmonary Medicine), DM Pulmonary Medicine/Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, recognized by the Medical Council of India are eligible to join this fellowship program.
- There shall be no age limit for the candidate to seek admission to a fellowship program.
DM Pulmonary MedicineDM Pulmonary Medicine & Critical Care MedicineDNBMD (Doctor of Medicine)MD Pulmonary MedicineMD Respiratory MedicineDNB Respiratory Medicine
- Admission to the fellowship programs is once a year. i. e. In the month of August.
- Candidates shall be selected on the basis of interview by the selection committee as notified by the registrar of the Nitte university.
- The Candidate seeking admission will have to secure an eligibility certificate from Nitte Deemed to be University by making an application along with the following documents and the prescribed fee:
- Pass certificates of MBBS, MD/DNB (Respiratory Diseases/Pulmonary Medicine), DM Pulmonary Medicine/Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine.
- Certificate regarding the recognition of the last studied Medical college by the MCI, issued by the Dean of the college.
- Registration certificate by any State Medical council.
- Proof of SC/ST as the case may be