Fellowship in Advanced Respiratory Care (FARC)
Duration: 1 Year(s)
Total Seats: 2
The Calcutta Medical Research Institute, Kolkata
Kolkata, West Bengal, India
- Theory: Objective MCQ
- Practical: Viva, OSCE and Bedside Examination- by External Examiners, as delegated by IARC and ISCCM
The Fellowship in Advanced Respiratory Care- Adult Critical Care (FARC-ACC) is a one year Fellowship designed to advance the knowledge and skills of a Respiratory therapist, who are working in the advanced clinical areas of Adult Critical Care. It is a collaborative fellowship program by Indian Association of Respiratory Care (IARC) and Indian Society of Critical Care Medicine (ISCCM). The course is intended for graduate Respiratory Therapists to equip them with sufficient academic and clinical knowledge to practice in Critical care.
All the Fellows are expected to have a log book, in which the cases seen and procedures attended/ performed shall be noted (Minimum of 5 cases and 5 Procedures per week), and to get signed by the designated faculty assigned by the Head of the Department. Faculty should be the in-charge of monitoring and reviewing this logbook and provide continuous feedback to the trainee.
Upon the successful completion of Fellowship Program, the candidate will have an exit exam, comprising of Theory and Bedside Practical evaluation. The Examination Centre will be announced due course
INR 25000 per month
- Minimum Criteria is a Graduation in Respiratory Therapy, like B.Sc. Respiratory Therapy/ B.Sc. Respiratory Care Technology/ B.Sc. (Medical Technology) - Respiratory Therapy, from any of the UGC approved Universities in India.
- Graduate Respiratory Therapists from Foreign Universities, upon the decision from the Board of Fellowship Study
- Registered Member of IARC
- Associate Life Membership of ISCCM
- Fresh and Experienced Graduate Respiratory Therapists who fulfill the above criteria are eligible to apply
The selection will be based upon the interview conducted by the Head of the Department of ICU, Hospital Management and HR personnel.