Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm D)
KMCH College of Pharmacy (KMCHCOP), Coimbatore
Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India
The Tamilnadu Dr MGR Medical University
- Pharm.D Program is a six-year professional program leading to a Doctor of Pharmacy degree combines basic science education and application of advanced Clinical Pharmacy skills with contextual research so that the graduates will be prepared to contribute to innovations to improve patient quality of life through new discoveries.
- The program emphasizes problem-based approach to disease management. Pharm D comprises of five years of classroom/hospital-based didactic study and a research project followed by internship in the sixth year. Core subjects include Pharmacotherapeutics, Clinical Pharmacy, hospital and Community Pharmacy, Clinical Toxicology, Biopharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics, Clinical Pharmacokinetics and Therapeutic Drug Monitoring, Clinical Research, Pharmacoepidemiology and Pharmacoeconomics, Biostatistics and Research Methodology and Clerkship.
- During the internship, candidates are imparted advanced lessons in clinical pharmacy services or pharmacy practice under the supervision of faculty members and clinical preceptors.
Dr. Rajasekaran Aiyalu
- All categories candidate should have minimum of 50% in HSc with the following science subjects.
- Physics, Chemistry & Biology
- Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics
- Physics, Chemistry, Botany & Zoology
- Diploma in Pharmacy holders (from a PCI recognized institute) is eligible to pursue this course.
- The student should complete the age of 17 years on or before 31st December of the year of admission to the course.