Certificate Course in Obesity Prevention and Management (CCOPM)
Chellaram Diabetes Institute (CDI), Pune
Pune, Maharashtra, India
- To enhance knowledge, skills and core competencies of primary care physicians for prevention and management of Obesity.
- To develop/ update a standard teaching protocol and module for evidence based learning on Obesity prevention & management.
- To build a network of primary care physicians in the field of prevention and management of Obesity.
- Introductory Aspects of Obesity
- Secondary Causes of Obesity
- Approach to a Patient with Obesity
- Diet and Lifestyle Modification in Obesity Management
- Role of Pharmacotherapy and Bariatric Surgery in Obesity Management
- Special Topics in Obesity
The course has been divided into six modules and is presented in video format for easy learning. There are case studies, instructive videos and activities interspersed in the modules to provide an enhanced learning experience.
Dr. A. G. Unnikrishnan Dr. Shailesh R. Deshpande Dr. Vedava Purandare
Candidate should have done MBBS OR Diploma/ MD/ DNB in any discipline.
MBBSDNBMD (Doctor of Medicine)Diploma