Alluri Sitaramaraju Academy of Medical Sciences was named after the famous freedom fighter Alluri Sitaramaraju. The Medical College and the attached Teaching Hospital were established in 1999 as a non profit society. The Medical College was started with an annual intake of 100 MBBS students. Necessary permissions from Medical Council of India, Government of India and Government of Andhra Pradesh were obtained. The College is affiliated to Dr NTR University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada. Post graduate courses in all Broad Specialties were started in 2007. The MCI has permitted for increase in annual intake of MBBS students to 150 from the Academic year 2009-10.
Library: The library has collection of 19,017 books. Sufficient number of Journals in various disciplines is available ie 75 Indian Journals and 46 Foreign Journals are accommodated in journal section of Central Library. In addition to the Central Library 600 online Journals has access to Dr.N.T.R UHS E-Journals (NTRMEDNET) Programme from which all the journals of choice can be accessed.
Auditorium: The Medical College is having a very good auditorium with 1000 seating capacity.
Hostel Facility: The Male students and female students are having separate Hostels with attached kitchens and Dining Halls.
Sports: The campus is having a number of Play Grounds. A tennis court, Basket ball court, Cricket stadium, Foot ball court are available in the campus. Indoor games and indoor gyms are also present.
Cafeteria: A modern 24 hours cafeteria is available in the campus near the Hospital building. A wide variety of snacks and refreshments are available in the canteen.
Bank & ATM Facility: The Andhra Bank is available in the campus and also Andhra Bank & Punjab National Bank ATM Counters in the premises of the campus. Besides, there are facilities for postal and courier services.