Advanced Certificate Programme in Physiotherapy in Neurological Sciences
Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology (SCTIMST), Trivandrum
Trivandrum, Kerala, India
Shri Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology
The training is strictly full-time and continuous. The candidates at the time of admission will be provided with a handbook covering the syllabus, training programme and the examination scheme. They should acquaint themselves with the syllabus prescribed for the course to which they are admitted. They should strictly adhere to the rules and regulations of the Institute.
All students and Senior Residents selected for various programmes are required to execute a bond of service for a duration depending upon the length of the course. Admission will be denied to candidates who fail to join or submit the contract bond by the date stipulated in the letter of selection. Private practice in any form during the pendency of the course is strictly prohibited.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities of students and Senior Residents shall be fixed by the Institute from time to time and will include such clinical work as may be essential for patient care and professional training.
The selection will be provisional until the candidate is declared medically fit by a Medical Board appointed by the Institute. The candidate should declare all problems connected with aspects of his/her health and should certify that he/she is fit to undergo the rigorous programme that he/she is joining. The opinion of the Medical Board shall be final.
As Per Availability
- Candidate should have done BPT (A regular in-campus four-year bachelor's degree and internship in Physiotherapy from a recognized university).
- Upper age limit: 25 years (as on 1st January of admission year) relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST and sponsored candidates.
BPT (Bachelor of Physiotherapy)
- Selection will be strictly on merit on the basis of percentage of marks obtained in the Entrance Examination (written and viva-voce held at the Institute). Sponsored candidates will also go through the procedure for selection but a separate list of finally selected candidates from those who qualify in the Entrance Examination will be put up.
- Minimum pass marks in the objective-type written examination of 90 minutes duration (100 questions) will be 50% for all. Candidates who have qualified in the written examination will be short-listed for interview.
- In addition, candidates will be admitted if sponsored by the Government, governmental agencies or Universities.
- Candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe need secure only 50% in the qualifying examinations.